Thursday, January 31, 2013

Review of "The Complete Pregnancy Exercise Program"

Review of "The Complete Pregnancy Exercise Program"
Hosted by Michelle Collie, PT, DPT, MS, OCS

I picked up a copy of this DVD in my Providence, Rhode Island based OB-GYN's office.  The program states that it is "designed to prevent pregnancy related problems and assist you in feeling and looking the best that you can" during pregnancy.

According to the website provided on the DVD packaging (www.performanceptri.com), Collie is the owner and director of Performance Physical Therapy based throughout Rhode Island.  The program is 45-minutes in length provides a great full body workout.  The program combines strength, stretching and some yoga. I actually find it to be quite relaxing.  It's a feel good workout for the entire pregnancy.  I didn't utilize it as frequently during the first trimester, as I preferred a more rigorous workout.  Your personal preference would of course be driven by prior fitness level and intensity of workouts. 

Throughout the program, Collie provides varying levels at which you can complete each exercise (e.g. easy, medium, more challenging). Explanations are clear and concise.  She personally demonstrates each level.  I enjoy the commentary throughout the program, as Collie provides good tips and tidbits of information for a varying audience to consider.  My favorite comment from the program is when Collie mentions that your caloric requirements increase when working out and that you might need a snack both before and after completing the program.  I love this!  It made me laugh.  Finally, I enjoy the New Zealand accent.

I would definitely recommend checking out this affordable pregnancy exercise program.

No comments:

Post a Comment